Selman Breitman Careers
INSURANCE COVERAGE LITIGATION ASSOCIATE – LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANCISCO, SEATTLE
Selman Breitman's offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle have openings for attorneys with experience in coverage litigation. You will be involved in all aspects of our insurance coverage practice, including evaluating coverage, preparing coverage opinions, drafting motions, and litigating declaratory relief, contribution, indemnity, and bad faith actions for the firm’s insurer clients.
You will help evaluate and resolve interesting, complex coverage issues that result in positive outcomes for our insurer clients. We pride ourselves on mastering unique issues that arise on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide flawless advice and service to our clients, which is especially important when dealing complex coverage issues.
We're looking for people who approach problem solving proactively, and have the ability to both work independently and collaborate with peers. We do not need a person with coverage experience, but we do need someone who can get the details right, and be an effective communicator. Is that you? Join our team!
What you'll be doing:
- Creative problem solving for our insurer clients, including:
- Evaluating coverage
- Preparing coverage opinions to insurer clients
- Drafting motions
- Litigating disputed matters
- Negotiating successful settlements with other insurers and insureds
What you'll need:
- J.D. degree, required
- Admission to California State Bar, required
- 2 to 8 years' experience in insurance coverage, whether at a firm or an insurance company’s in-house legal team
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Independent Initiative – including the ability to investigate, evaluate and make recommendations that include a plan of action
Additional consideration for:
- Prior experience litigating complex matters
- Admission to WA, OR, NV, AZ or other Western States
Selman Breitman is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a collegial and inclusive environment with opportunities for growth.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Leah M. Cox: email@example.com