Selman Breitman Careers
Insurance Coverage & Litigation Associate – San Francisco
Will consider attorney working under contract, on a part time basis, and/or working remotely, as well as a traditional full-time attorney working in our San Francisco office. An attorney licensed in Oregon would be beneficial, but not required.
As an insurance coverage attorney, you will help evaluate and resolve interesting, complex coverage issues that result in positive outcomes for our insurer clients. We know that the word "insurance" does not always have a positive connotation, but we pride ourselves on mastering unique issues that arise on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide flawless advice and service to our clients, which is especially important when dealing with complex coverage issues.
As part of a small team, you’ll work with partners, associates and clients to resolve coverage issues and disputes. We're looking for people that approach problem solving pro-actively, and have the ability to both work independently and collaborate with peers. We do not need a person with coverage experience, but we do need someone who can get the details right, and be an effective communicator. Is that you? Join our team!
What you'll be doing…
- Creative problem solving for our insurer clients, including:
- Preparing coverage opinions
- Litigating disputed matters
- Negotiating successful settlements with other insurers and insureds
- Learning and mastering new, specialized coverages including intellectual property, professional liability, and cyber risks
What you'll need…
- Admission to California State Bar
- Preferred 2 – 5 years of experience in a law firm or in-house position
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail (Is your Blue Book tabbed?)
- Independent Initiative – including the ability to investigate, evaluate and make recommendations that include a plan of action
- A good sense of humor
Additional consideration for…
- Prior experience in insurance coverage, whether at a firm or insurance company
- Prior experience litigating complex matters
- Admission to WA, OR, NV, AZ or other Western states
Selman Breitman is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a collegial and inclusive environment with opportunities for growth.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Leah M. Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.