Bridget Moorhead is a Partner in the firm's San Diego office and is a member of the firm’s Insurance Coverage practice group.
Her practice focuses on insurance coverage, business, and real property litigation. Her insurance-related experience includes the representation of insurers in environmental insurance coverage litigation, asbestos insurance coverage litigation, product liability coverage litigation, construction defect coverage litigation involving additional insured coverage, first-party coverage and bad faith litigation, and coverage issues arising out of landlord/tenant habitability litigation.
Bridget graduated magna cum laude from Point Loma Nazarene University in 1983 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and is licensed as a Registered Nurse in California. She also served on active duty as an officer in the US Navy Reserves with the Nurse Corps from 1985 to 1988.
In 1993, she received her J.D. from University of San Diego School of Law. She is admitted to practice in all California State Courts, and all Federal District Courts within the State of California.
Often called upon to speak at industry-related conferences and seminars, Bridget has been included in The Best Lawyers in America® for Insurance Law from 2013 to 2023 and named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2018-2020.
- Counsel for insurance companies in numerous first party and third party insurance coverage disputes involving coverage for bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, advertising injury, and wrongful acts under primary, excess and umbrella general liability, professional liability, and directors and officers liability policies, and allegations of extra-contractual liability.
- Counsel for wholesale surplus lines broker defending against broker negligence and misrepresentation claims in insurance coverage action seeking coverage for construction defect claims.
- Counsel for insurance company concerning management of underlying asbestos litigation with allegations of mesothelioma, lung cancer, and other injuries caused by exposure to various asbestos-containing products, responsible for settlement analysis and providing settlement authority.
- Counsel for insurance company that insured thousands of gas station sites nationwide in complex environmental coverage litigation concerning the duty to defend and indemnify, and other coverage issues such as pre-tender costs/voluntary payments; the qualified and absolute pollution exclusion; and damages.
- Participated with litigation team who defended major California insurer in insurance bad faith litigation arising out of the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.
- Participated on trial team in two four-month jury trials in Wayne County, Michigan and St. Paul, Minnesota concerning insurance coverage for breast implant claims, reviewed medical records, drafted pleadings, prepared medical, biochemistry and insurance experts for deposition and trial testimony, prepared jury instructions, and cross-examined witnesses at trial.
- Represents manufacturers of homeopathic and medical device products in consumer and product liability class-actions.
- Represented manufacturer of appliance component in product liability arbitration proceeding brought by General Electric.
- Represented business in litigation concerning an easement dispute with adjacent business, and related insurance issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association Insurance Section Star: 2018
- Super Lawyers: 2018-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Insurance Law, 2013–2023
- 2015 - San Diego County Bar Association - Director & Officer Insurance
- 2016-2017 – San Diego County Bar Association – Year In Review of Key Insurance Decisions
- 2017 - CLM Annual Meeting – The Insurer’s Duty to Settle Third-Party Liability Claims
- 2021 - San Diego County Bar Association – The Status of COVID-Related Business Claims in California