Jeffrey S.TindalOf Counsel
Jeff Tindal is Of Counsel in Selman Breitman’s Seattle office. His practice consists primarily of representing insurers in complex coverage and extra-contractual matters in the Pacific Northwest. Jeff has extensive experience in first-party property coverages, including structures, personal property, business interruption, employee dishonesty, equipment breakdown, ordinance or law, and money and securities, and third-party liability coverages, including commercial general liability, commercial pollution liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions, excess, and umbrella. He also has experience in construction defect and other commercial litigation.
Jeff has vast experience in coverage and extra-contractual litigation and has been responsible for several opinions before the Washington State Supreme Court, the Washington State Court of Appeals, and the United States District Court for Western Washington. He is frequently called upon by clients and insurance coverage peers to give presentations on various subject matters relating to property and liability insurance coverage, including those specifically relating to long-term water intrusion and collapse claims. He has also been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Washington for the past several years.
Originally from Eastern Washington, Jeff presently resides in the Joshua Tree, California area with his fiancée Laura. When not helping clients with their legal needs he spends his time listening to music and enjoying the great outdoors.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
- Washington State and King County Bar Associations, Member
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Member
- Northwest Insurance overage Association, Member
Awards and Accolades:
- Super Lawyer (2016-2021)
Speaking Engagements and Presentations:
- Insurance Fraud, Northwest Association of Insurance Adjusters, May 21, 2013
- Trigger Allocation and Allegations – When did the Trigger Occur?, Seminar Group, December 8, 2014
- Collapse coverage for W.R. Berkley, January 13, 2016
- Duty To Defend issues for RLI Insurance, October 2017