Michael Gelfound is a Partner in Selman Breitman’s Los Angeles office and is a member of the firm’s Insurance, Commercial Litigation, and Commercial Transactions practice groups. He represents insurers and privately-owned businesses, focusing on complex litigation matters in both state and federal courts. Michael has handled cases involving bad faith coverage, commercial general liability, professional liability, construction defect, casualty, public entity liability, real estate disputes, and privately-owned business disputes.
Michael handles litigation matters from inception to resolution as well as pre-litigation matters and arbitration. He aggressively seeks a quick and cost-effective resolution for his clients, but is trial-ready when necessary. His experience also includes commercial transactions such as business formations, partnership and shareholder agreements, and purchase and sale agreements.
With a J.D. from Southwestern Law School, Michael graduated magna cum laude and received numerous academic honors. He is an active member of several professional organizations. A Southern California native and life-long Dodgers and Lakers fan, he did his undergraduate work at UC Santa Barbara. When not helping clients with their legal needs he spends his time with his son and daughter.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™, Appellate Practice, 2023
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars, 2020-2021